My Simple & Easy Egg Muffin Cups is probably one of my favorite recipes to make in the morning. Number one, because I have chickens, I have an overload of eggs and I need to use them. Number two, this recipe is so simple to make and tastes delicious every time. This recipe is very hard to screw up, so it’s perfect for the beginner cook.
On the weekend, when I actually have time to make breakfast, my husband knows that I’m either going to make pancakes or these egg muffin cups. I’m kinda predictable. But they are so easy to make! These egg muffin cups are my go-to recipe for breakfast.
How to make Egg Muffin Cups:
To make this recipe, get the oven heated up first because this recipe goes quick. Crack all of the eggs into a bowl and scramble together. Chop and dice the onions, tomatoes, and sausage.
If you don’t have sausage, substitute in any kind of meat, such as lunch meat, hot dogs, etc. I honestly don’t use breakfast sausage when making this. I love the cheddar sausages that come in a package that you are “supposed” to grill, but I usually cut them up for this recipe.
Add in the basil, salt, and pepper. Prepare the cupcake pan by spraying with a non-stick spray to keep the eggs from sticking. Don’t skip this step or you will never get the eggs out of the pan. (Trust me, I’ve done it).
I typically spoon the eggs into the cupcake pan until it is about 3/4 of the way full (or a little bit less). If you overfill, the eggs will flow out and won’t cook correctly. Then I spoon the sausage mixture into the eggs. I push the sausage mixture into the eggs so that it is completely covered.
Lastly, I top the egg muffins with cheddar cheese. Into the oven they go for about 15-17 minutes. And wa-lah! Simple and easy egg muffin cups.
See, I told you this recipe was easy to make! Let me know how you made your recipe!
Egg Muffin Cups
- 12 Eggs
- 2 Sausage Links Chopped
- 1 Tomato Diced
- 1/4 Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 tsp. Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, crack all of the eggs. Stir to combine.
- Chop the sausage links into small pieces, dice the tomato, and chop the onion. Combine together in a separate bowl. Sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Using a cupcake pan, spray each hole with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the egg mixture to each hole in the cupcake pan until it is about 3/4 of the way filled.
- Using a spoon, add about a tablespoon of the sausage mixture to the eggs in the cupcake pan. Push the sausage mixture down so that it is covered with egg.
- Add a little bit of cheddar cheese to the top of each egg muffin. You can add more of less depending on your taste.
- Put the cupcake pan into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes until cooked all the way through.