Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Puff Pastry Wrap: The other day, all I wanted was something sweet. I knew it was going to be a long day and I wanted to eat something more than just a handful of chocolate chips. All the chocolate bars were gone (thanks hubs). Cookies were out because they take too long to bake. Cake was out of the question, because, well, I forgot to pick up butter. (It’s a staple, always get the butter!)
Upon opening the fridge, I remembered that I had bought a sheet of puff pastry. Hmmm…so what can I make with puff pastry and chocolate? I searched all over Pinterest for ideas and nothing was to my liking.
So, I created this Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Puff Pastry Wrap. It’s SOOO easy to make! You only need four ingredients and it can be prepped and in the oven in under ten minutes.
Using a sheet of thawed puff pastry. unwrap the puff pastry onto a sheet tray. Spread the softened cream cheese onto one half of the puff pastry, leaving about 1/2″ of the edges clear of cream cheese. Put the chocolate chips over the cream cheese.
Fold the puff pastry in half, like a sandwich. In a bowl, whisk the egg. Brush the eggwash over the puff pastry. Remember to get the sides too. The egg turns the puff pastry a nice crispy golden brown.
Put it into the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Let it cool and then cut into slices.
This Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Puff Pastry Wrap is so delicious. My hubby ate his slice in one bite and immediately got another. It’s super simple and easy to make. This is great for the days when you want something homemade but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Enjoy!
Chocolate Puff Pastry Wrap
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry Thawed
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap the puff pastry and lay flat on a baking tray.
- Spread cream cheese over one half of the puff pastry. Leave about 1/2" of the edge of the puff pastry free of cream cheese.
- Spread chocolate chips over the cream cheese.
- Fold the puff pastry in half. Using a fork, press the edges together so that there are no holes.
- In a separate dish, whisk the egg for an egg wash. Brush the top and sides of the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.